Skills for Facilitating Effective Processes
What does this course achieve?
Discover how to design and facilitate effective and dynamic meetings for groups of people who require assistance understanding their problems and developing mutually satisfying solutions. For example, transformation committees. This practical workshop will equip you with a wide range of tools and techniques to work as a neutral facilitator. This course can be conducted over one or two consecutive days or in a modularized format, to meet clients' needs.
- Identify common difficulties experienced in designing and facilitating facilitated workshops;
- Explore modern approaches to consensus seeking, in particular the capacity to distinguish positions from needs
- Explore the ‘workshop life cycle’ from defining a clear purpose and planning, to conducting the workshop and following up
- Follow a simple facilitation procedure, a comprehensive facilitation procedure and a comprehensive meeting procedure in a series of practical role-plays;
- Discover useful tools and techniques for facilitators, especially for dealing with process and people challenges.
- Define facilitation and identify the typical features of facilitation;